Travel Information from Hamburg Airport to Hotel Lindtner / Hotel Heimfeld
Hamburg Airport is located in the North of Hamburg while
Hotel Lindtner is located in the South.
A taxi from Hamburg Airport to Hotel Lindtner is about 60 Euro. It may be a good
idea to share a taxi with other ROW 2006 participants.
If you want to travel by public transport, there are several options available. Hamburg has a common transport system, the
HVV, where you pay once and then can use the Bus, S-Bahn (train mainly
above the ground), U-Bahn (Underground) and even some of the ferries all along your trip.
The trip from Hamburg Airport to Hotel Lindtner lasts about 1 hour 20 minutes and costs 2.50 Euro.
The HVV web pages provide connections, timetable information and maps.
If you request a personal timetable from the HVV web pages, fill in "Hamburg Airport" as the start and "Heimfeld (West)"
as the destination.
A suggested connection from Hamburg Airport to Hotel Lindtner and Hotel Heimfeld using public transport is as follows:
Getting a taxi at "S Heimfeld" may not be too expensive and save some time as the bus 142 takes a large "loop" to pass the hospital.
- Use the Bus 26 direction "Bahnhof Rahlstedt", leave at Underground station "U Alsterdorf".
- Change to the Underground U1 direction "Wandsbek Markt", leave at "Jungfernstieg".
- Change to S-Bahn S3 direction "Neugraben", leave at "S Heimfeld".
- Get the Bus 142 to "AK Harburg" (Hospital).
- Guests of Hotel Heimfeld leave at bus stop "Heimfelder Strasse", Hotel Heimfeld is located at "Heimfelder Strasse"
just behind the crossing with "Eißendorfer Pferdeweg".
- Guests of Hotel Lindtner leave at "AK Harburg" (final bus stop), change to Bus 142 to "Bf. Harburg" and leave at
"Heimfelder Straße (West), Lindtner".
Other alternatives may be the Airport Express (Jasper) Bus to Hamburg Main Station and from there fetch the S-Bahn S3 direction
"Neugraben" as noted above. The Jasper Bus does not belong to HVV, you have to buy an additional ticket.